Join an exclusive GSA ESPO members-only peer-led pre-poposal or dissertation writing group (DWG) for a supportive environment in which to exchange critical feedback, push past procrastination, and stay accountable to your goals.
Each small group (4 to 8 members) will meet virtually every other week for 1 to 1.5 hours (based on the number of participants in the group). Semester-long commitment requested.
Here are some things you will do as part of the group:
- Create a writing schedule with measurable goals.
- Report on goals each session to stay accountable.
- Provide your writing for review and contribute feedback on group members’ writing.
- Support each other through the sharing of resources and ideas.
- Troubleshoot challenges.
- You must maintain valid ESPO membership throughout the semester-long writing group.
- You can be anywhere in your dissertation process through your proposal or defense, but you must at least be at the writing stage.
- This Fall Session, we are continuing a trial-run for the Pre-Proposal Writing Group. All the materials (Application Form, Starter Kit, etc.) for the Pre-Proposal and Dissertation Writing Groups will be the same. So please, if you are joining the Pre-Proposal group, read all the material aimed for the Dissertation Group.
- Meetings and writing samples must be in English.
- You must commit to participate in the group for the full semester term.
- You must agree to and sign a statement to ensure confidentiality of other group members’ work/ideas.
12-week Summer Session runs from 9/15/20 - 12/6/20
September 11, 2020 at midnight ET for the Fall Session