Join an exclusive GSA ESPO members-only peer-led dissertation writing group (DWG) for a supportive environment in which to exchange critical feedback, push past procrastination, and stay accountable to your goals.
Each small group (4 to 8 members) will meet via Skype every other week for 1 to 1.5 hours (based on the number of participants in the group). Semester-long commitment requested.
Here are some things you will do as part of the group:
- Create a writing schedule with measurable goals.
- Report on goals each session to stay accountable.
- Provide your writing for review and contribute feedback on group members’ writing.
- Support each other through the sharing of resources and ideas.
- Troubleshoot challenges.
- You must maintain valid ESPO membership throughout the semester-long writing group.
- You can be anywhere in your dissertation process through your defense, but you must at least be at the writing stage (or about to write your concept paper or proposal).
- Meetings and writing samples must be in English.
- You must commit to participate in the group for the full semester term.
- You must agree to and sign a statement to ensure confidentiality of other group members’ work/ideas.
- Skype is required to participate in the meetings.
Non-members and members who are in the earlier phases of their dissertation (i.e., planning, data collection, pre-proposal) are not eligible to join a dissertation writing group. However, they are encouraged to learn about the opportunity and plan to join once they enter an active-writing phase of their work.
12-week session runs from 1/21/20 to 4/12/20
January 17, 2020 at midnight EST for Winter Session