The Wyatt Weisel High Performance grant is a needs-based grant awarded to support the travel and training needs of athletes who have been invited or selected by USA Cycling to participate in an event/trip. The grant is designed to alleviate the financial burden associated with such an invite and ensure talented athletes can embrace the invitation to participate within National Team Programs.
- Athletes must be seeking financial support enabling them to attend and participate in a National Team Program event
- Athlete must not be receiving elite Direct Athlete Support from USA Cycling
- Rider age minimum, 15 years old
- Grant money must be used for the purposes that the athlete requested the grant for
- Athletes can be awarded a max of two grants per calendar year
- Grants for domestic travel will be awarded up to $1,500.00
- Grants for international travel will be awarded up to $2,500.00
- Applications will be accepted year-round
- Applications will only be accepted via the online portal
Review Process and Grant Awards
Grant applications will be reviewed by a three-person review panel composed of a representative from the USA Cycling Foundation, from the Sport Performance team and a third USA Cycling staff member to ensure the athlete meets the eligibility criteria.