USA Cycling's Center of Excellence program recognizes clubs and teams that develop Junior and Under-23 (U23) cyclists into the racers of tomorrow by implementing a safe environment, holistic coaching practices, and a positive team culture, both on and off the bike.
Any prospective, current USA Cycling Club/Team may apply for the Centers of Excellence grant when meeting all the below criteria.
- Operate a USA Cycling club, team, or program with the specific purpose of developing athletes at the Junior or U23 level and have a successful operational history of at least two years
- Support the complete athlete pathway with junior and development-level programs that progress toward elite-level programs
- Serve licensed Junior and/or U23 athletes with a racing age of 11-22
- Have plans to send Junior or U23 athletes to National Championship events or USA Cycling Athlete Development Pathway Regional Camps
- Have a current USA Cycling registered coach on the membership and/or staff roster
- Adhere to USA Cycling’s Safe Sport program
- Be a licensed club or team in good standing with USA Cycling
- Be a tax-exempt, registered non-profit organization
- Tier 1: Points 40-45 | $5,000 (4 winners)
- Tier 2: Points 34-39 | $2,500 (10 winners)