Please complete the following information to submit a Catalyst Grant Application to AVAHO. One (1) award is granted each year in the amount of $25,000 to a member in good standing who demonstrates need an merit for funding to conduct a research project or innovation that holds best practice promise.
Purpose of the Catalyst Grant
Support investigators who conduct studies that aim to:
(1) Improve the care of Veterans with cancer, and/or
(2) Expand Veteran access to cancer clinical trials
Minimum 4/8 ths appointment at a VA medical center
Masters or doctorate degree in a healthcare related area of study
Completed terminal degree or fellowship training within past 10 years
Application reviews will prioritize proposals that are:
2. Relevant to Veterans and the VHA
3. Conducted by investigators who have experience with the proposed
4. Collaborative with other investigators in the VA
5. Designed to support the pursuit of future funding
6. Projects for consideration do not need to be IRB approved except in situations where the
investigation meets the VHA Handbook definition of “research”.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Julie Lawson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2023
Announcement of Winner: Annual Meeting (September 29-October 1), 2023