Position: Green Sector Consultant - Biomass to Sustainable Aviation Fuel
Project: Waste to Wing - Sustainable Aviation Fuel
Job Type: Fixed Term part time Contract
Contract period: 18 months
Salary : Per hour
Location: our offices are based in Cape Town but other provinces welcome to apply
Closing date : 5 August 2019
Fetola are South Africa’s leading business growth professionals, specialising in the globally critical small business sector. Our purpose is simple, and exciting: We help people to grow the economy and create jobs by building businesses that last; working across sectors and country wide. We are all about people, planet and performance and we want to recruit and nurture the highest quality people, whose personal vision is to excel as individuals and to make a difference by actively contributing to building a better future for themselves and others.
We're looking for an experienced and resourceful sector specialist to contribute to and work with the project management team on the implementation phase of the EU funded Waste To Wing iproject. The Waste to Wing project that aims to prove the feasibility of a waste-based sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) industry in South Africa is launching an incubator that will enable 25 micro, small and medium-sized enterprises within a new SAF supply chain, which adheres to global aviation industry sustainability standards. Specifically ensuring that biofuel is used in a manner that sustains food security, biodiversity, water, land, and labour rights.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental Science / Sustainability Studies, Business Science or related
- Project coordination / management experience
- Knowledge and experience in Value Chain Optimisation
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Chain
- Knowledge of Biomass Energy
- A good understanding of the policy frameworks and relevant institutions & organisations involved in promoting the green economy
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent industry networks including access to market
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite
Key Tasks (Assignment Overview):
- Lead: Assist the company in gaining necessary insights to the commercial landscape in the biomass and biofuel community
- Lead: Identify stakeholders and synergies that will strengthen the impact and delivery of the programme
- Support: Identify and recruit suitable SME’s as participants of the project incubator
- Support: Provide overall support in project implementation – including technical support to consortium partners as and when necessary
- Support: Identification and contracting of service providers for the implementation phase
- Support: Work closely with incubation team to optimise outcomes
- Support: Contribute to overarching programme outputs – including communication and visibility
- Support: Work collaboratively with executive coordinator to ensure compliance to EU standards
- Advanced implementation skills, including resource and provider management.
- Ability to provide practical and comprehensive solutions that have long term impact
- Have a passion and skill in integrating new technologies with the ability to work in a diverse team
- Must be performance driven with a relentless desire for continual improvement
- A passion for solving problems, meticulous and detail-orientated and self-motivated, able to prioritise and manage own time
- A team player, and resourceful leader.
- The ability to engage effectively with team members and be proactive and self-reliant.
- Inherent in the Fetola culture is continual improvement and innovation and you are encouraged to contribute ideas that could improve our performance.