I understand and agree that the Online News Association (ONA), as program administrator, is under no obligation to select me or any other applicant for the Student Newsroom. If selected to be a Student Newsroom participant, I will agree to the conditions set forth in the following statement:
1. The primary purpose of the program is journalism training; I am not seeking this program for purposes of tourism, foreign news coverage, job seeking, or personal and professional reasons that are irrelevant or contrary to the program’s mission.
2. I understand that in order to maximize the use of program resources, all travel will be on an economy-class basis.
3. I understand that the program administrator may terminate my program participation at any time for reasons that are regarded as detrimental to the program, to be determined at the sole discretion of the program administrator.
4. I will be responsible for my own passport and visa arrangements and may be asked to assist with other logistical arrangements. (International applicants)
5. The program will pay for the following expenses: round-trip economy airfare from my home base to the ONA23 Conference in Philadelphia, PA, Aug. 23-26, 2023, lodging, and conference registration.
6. If I am selected and accept to participate in the Student Newsroom, I will permit my likeness to be used in ONA promotional material. This can be in print or electronic form.
7. I confirm that all statements in this application are true.