Foundations Bible Institute
will be offering a course in Elementary Greek. This class aims to deepen your Bible study with a very basic introduction to biblical Greek. You will not learn how to read or speak Greek. However, the course will begin to introduce you to the following skills and information:
1. A few basic rules of Greek grammar
2. Discover the meaning of the Greek words that lie behind the English.
3. Understand some basics about using a Greek interlinear Bible
4. Understanding why Bible translations are different
5. Be able to read good commentaries and use other biblical tools that make use of Greek
This is a two-week course, beginning July 17 and continuing through July 27. It will meet at South Church Monday through Thursday from 6:00 until 7:30. If you are taking the course for credit towards the Foundations Bible Institute the cost is $30 plus books. If you are taking the course for audit, then you only need to purchase the books.
The following books are required: The English-Greek Reverse Interlinear New Testament: English Standard Version, ISBN-13: 978-1581346282 and Greek for Everyone: Introductory Greek for Bible Study and Application, ISBN‐13: 978‐0801018916. Books are available at Amazon. You should have them purchased prior to the first class. It will also be helpful to have access to the internet to use some of the study tools available online.
This course will be taught by David Seal. If you have questions you may contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.