UP 2019 (CN Tower Climb for United Way)
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, November 2 & 3, 2019
Time: Timing varies by selected shift between 4:45 am till 11:30 am
Place: Two locations depending on your position:
Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), 255 Front St. W., Hall A North Building
CN Tower, 301 Front St. W. (entrance off Bremner Blvd.)
Can’t climb, but want to give your time?
Step up for community by registering to volunteer at this year’s UP 2019, the CN Tower Climb for United Way. Be one of the 400 energetic and kind-hearted volunteers at this exciting signature event where up to 10,000 climbers raise funds and conquer all 1,776 steps of this world famous landmark.
Local poverty is our region’s most pressing challenge and by volunteering with us you will be taking positive action to help thousands of people and communities rise from poverty to possibility. The long and tall of it? You’ll be showing your local love and changing lives as far as the eye can see.
Before registering, please note the following:
- Time– Most volunteer shifts begin at: 5:30 AM and it is extremely important that volunteers arrive on time. If you do not feel that you can truly commit to arriving by 5:00 AM, please do not sign up for these positions. We ask all volunteers to remain in their positions for the full timeframes unless otherwise directed by a team captain and/or an event organizer.
- Transportation– Please consider your transportation options to the site before you sign up for a position. On weekends, the TTC subway system is not in service until 6:00 AM on Saturdays and 8:00 AM on Sundays. This can make getting downtown more difficult. However, the Blue Line bus routes are in service and stop very close to the site. More information will be provided to help make sure you have a smooth arrival!
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age to volunteer independently. All volunteers must sign a waiver. If a volunteer is under the age of 18, a guardian must sign on their behalf. The volunteer waiver is included in this online application.
- Children under 10 years old are not eligible to volunteer. Children aged 10 to 15 must volunteer with a parent or guardian. Ratio of adult to child is one adult for every two children. Please look for positions marked as "Appropriate for Families" in the position descriptions.
- Community Service Hours– Volunteers who are interested in receiving documentation for their Community Service Hours can collect a "Thank You" certificate when they sign out from their shift.