The Charles Forrest Alexander Award in Journalism is presented annually to a student who has achieved distinction in Vanderbilt student journalistic projects. The award is designed to honor a student journalist who is “active in collecting information, reporting, editing, photography, business activities and/or administration of a newspaper, magazine, journal, yearbook, television or radio station.”
Eligibility & Requirements
- Applications should be submitted by students of Vanderbilt University.
- Applicants must be active in one or more student publication and/or broadcast medium and must be a full-time student.
- Degree of active participation in student journalism projects and activities
- Objectivity and thoroughness expressed in material or work
- Regard for journalistic and personal ethics
- Impact of journalistic activities on student life at Vanderbilt